Lots of close up shots in this post.
When I began to stitch the background I didn't like what I had done and was just about to start ripping out stitches when I remembered that I am playing and so I just kept on going with a variety of different patterns.
My repertoire of FMQ designs is not huge. I do a lot of straight(ish) lines in my work.
I do a LOT of pebbling.
And a bit of spiralling.
I also have a go at flowers now and again.
To finish off I randomly stitched lines around the edge.
But that was after I once more stitched around the teasel to give it added definition as you can see from the back view.
The backing fabric was put on with 505 spray to hold it in place after the background was stitched.
Now back to that bag of scraps.