I seem to have a lot of green in this bag. There were a few long strips so I started piecing and cutting and have ended up with this.
At this point I have not decided whether to add lots of straight line stitching and do something like this or this, or whether to try and use up those scraps a bit quicker by throwing a load of applique at it :)
There were lots of smaller bits left over and so I have pulled out the embellisher again and added them to a scrap of wadding.
This will be kept, cut up and added to some future pieces.
Both remind me of a patchwork of fields, hence the title, which might give me some direction in what I do next.
Looking at these photos I see the difference in the greens. The first were taken in rare sunshine.
The last in the ever present rain!