Light!


I have just posted this over on The Prayer Flag Project blog.
I haven't done one for a while, and I had forgotten how much I benefit from doing them.


Apart from the obvious emotional benefits, I find them a great way to try out something a bit different, be it style, techniques or materials. It is also a great way to use up scraps.


On this flag I used some painted calico that turned out to be a bit heavy for use in any of my pieces. I  played around with some fabric marker pens and puff paint.
Got to use up some embroidery floss too; I have owned it for at least twenty years!


Why not pop over to The Prayer Flag Project blog and take a look.
As I have recently taken over the admin of this blog I would love it if you got involved :)

Comments

  1. Whats the address to send to when I get round to making one up please?
    I did have it...somewhere.....lol

    Such warming, bright and cheerful colours youve used, enriching even just looking at them!
    Especially today when we are snow bathed and its bitt-er-ly cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and creative , thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece and I love how you stitch them. I need to try using my thicker threads and experiment.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new banner! It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I neglected to say on the Prayer Flag Project blog was that this flag is

    dee LIGHT full

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. And glad it worked and brought out the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the composition and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful and now following the flag blog x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts