FRUSTRATED AND FURIOUS FABRIC FRIDAY!!!

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare


This piece of fabric reflects how I am feeling today. Gloomy and out of kilter.

I want to bring to your attention the new changes in Digital VAT that comes into force on the 1st Jan 2015.

I am arriving late to the party as I only became aware of it this week, but it will effect me as I sell my patterns digitally online. It will also effect anyone that likes to buy digitally because prices will rise to cover the costs involved.

The complicated read can be found here.
However this post describes it all very well.

It impacts on anyone selling digital products to anyone in the E.U.

This has ramifications for a huge number of small micro businesses, some of whom have already decided to stop trading (see this post over at Lily's Quilts) until things become clearer or changed.

Please take the time to sign this Change.org petition if you are in the UK. It only needs a couple of hundred more signatures to to reach the 10,000 mark (make that 100,000) which means they will have to debate one aspect of it in parliament.

If you have taken the time to read this, thank you.

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. I love that fabric !!
    Ive signed and shared and it is a threat to those of you that sell this way and appalling that Govt might sleight the small businesses in this already crazy ecconomy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've signed and shared too Deborah and I've been sharing the updates too. Disgracefully it doesn't seem that the minister involved has been correctly briefed. It is madness that small businesses should be hit in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts