Scrap busting!

Deborah O'Hare @Quilt Routes

I know that it is already April but at the beginning of this year I made a a pledge to myself to use STUFF UP! I am sure that lots of us feel overwhelmed by the stuff we have collected over the years.
It is amazing how quickly it all mounts up. The growing piles around me need to used up or got rid and the second is not really an option.

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes

Long time readers of this blog will be aware of this quilt and my reason for making it even though it is totally not what I would normally do. In order to complete this quilt I purchased a reduced fabric pack form a L.Q.S. and a cotton sheet. There was a lot of it left over and I decided to tackle this pile first.

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes

Back in 2012 I did make this quilt on the back of the Bunting Quilt, which as you can see is it's more random cousin! Completed with matchstick quilting before I knew it was called that!

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes


I have been making some progress. The process has allowed me to play and explore the liberated quilt maker in me, which is something I have been wanting to do for a time.

The first piece that I have put together is this one.

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes

It actually began as a demo piece while teaching a workshop and I just kept going with it.

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes

Lots of close lines of machine quilting, with some cross stitch thrown in in because I need to have some hand stitching on the go, and a few other stitched details.

Deborah O'Hare @QuiltRoutes

Not the most attractive quilt you have ever set eyes on but I enjoyed the process.

Stay tuned!
There's more!

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. This is a beauty of a liberated piece! I love the shapes and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts