It can't be Friday already!?!

Quilt Routes

For this weeks Fabric Friday I bring you a piece of custom ordered sunset fabric that I have painted this morning and was drying in my garden until it started to cloud over.
It is now indoors in case of rain and will hopefully be dry before midday, because that is the time of the postal collection here, and it is on its way to the U.S.

Quilt Routes

This is a shot that I took a couple of days ago when I was enjoying the view from my shed while happily finding some time to sit at my machine.
The fact that the next day it was bucketing down all day will explain my caution with the above fabric. You have to love the changeable Welsh weather.

Quilt Routes

These shots that I am sharing with you are from my Instagram feed of this week. As much as I love blogging it can be very time consuming and sometimes there are other things that I have to/want to do, such as getting onto my machine and actually doing some stitching. 

Quilt Routes

One of the tags on Instagram is #tbt or #throwbackthursday and also #quiltsbeforeinstagram which I have recently joined in with, as it occurred to me that I do have a few things that I could share. This quilt is from 2010
So if things are quiet here you will find me over there along with a gazillion other photos of quilty and textile art loveliness.

https://instagram.com/quiltroutes

Last week end I was busy in another way when I traveled to Hull in East Yorkshire to speak and teach these lovely ladies of the East Yorkshire Embroidery Society.
I have to thank Lyn for the invite. We have been blog buddies for quite a few years now and it was great to finally meet her in person, along with all the others who gave me a great Yorkshire welcome.


Here are a couple of shots of their work in  progress.


I threw a lot of techniques at them and  they took it in their stride and produced fantastic pieces.
Wishing you a creative weekend!

Quilt Routes


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts