Apparently..

... blogs are on the way out

Quilt Routes
the start of a new piece

This does seem to be borne out by the fact that when I do get the time to look at my chosen blog feed reader the numbers of published posts does seem to be a lot less than they used to be.

finished background

Without wanting to sound too British and complain about the weather, one of the reasons that I haven't done a lot of blogging recently is because whenever I have wanted to take a photograph it has just been so dark and gloomy (see first and second photo!) and so the image was just something that I didn't want to share here.
I think that the truth for me is that I don't really have a lot to say as such, preferring to let my work speak for itself and that of course is so much easier to do with just images on other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and this is another reason for not blogging so much.

Quilt Routes

Having said all that I do intend on continuing to blog and while there will be the odd post of self promoting (the thing I find the most uncomfortable, but necessary part of my blogging) I will be endeavouring to keep things fresh and interesting.

Quilt Routes

The first thing that I want to tell you is that I purchased a new sewing machine at the end of last year.
I am practicing and putting it through it's paces by quilting a UFO that I made back in 2010. There will be more info about that to come, along with my attempting to finish my Alternative Trip Around the Block. 
I also want to tell you about an event that I am really excited about and if you cannot wait take a look here.
Now back to the machine for a bit more stitching!

Thanks for reading..

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. A beautiful look at stitch and practice of your new machine! And what a great retreat you have planned-enjoy the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workshop looks very exciting. You're sure to have a great time. It's true about blogging, there are so many quicker ways of sharing these days. I've found it harder to blog over the last couple of years but I will still keep my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, a blog has a different audience and vibe than other social media. It just depends if your topic needs a sentence or a story to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope people don't quit blogging altogether. I don't do facebook - just not interested in having an account. And I can view some instagram accounts but can't comment on photos unless I have an instagram account. I just can't cope with the details of so many types of accounts. As long as there are blogs to follow, that's all I need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got away from blogging, but am coming back to it, mostly because it gives me a record of what I've completed, what is in progress, and what I liked and didn't like about it. And would love to know more about your new sewing machine, don't be shy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts