As I mentioned in my last post I put this quilt top together in 2010. I thought you might like to see how I put it together.
I began with some strips...
...and turned them into blocks.
I then "floated" the blocks in some free form, randomly pieced borders.
At the time (that would be back in 2010) I painted a backing fabric, and put together the quilt sandwich. I even used up the scraps and pieced together the binding.
I don't know exactly why things stalled at that point. It may have been because other thing took priority. It may have been because I wasn't sure how to quilt it, or it may have been because I didn't relish the thought of wrangling it through my other machine.
Whatever the reason I am doing it now and here is another block :D