Autumnal Charm garland Tutorial

handmade garland

Living by the sea we don't get to enjoy a lot of autumnal charm so I decided to create a bit of my own.

handmade fall garland

Using painted fabrics in Autumn colours I fused two pieces wrong sides together and then cut out leaf shapes of different sizes. I was in a bit of a hurry so I kept the shape basic.
I then free machine stitched the leaf veins in contrasting threads. The webbing (I used HeatnBond Lite for these) acts as a stabiliser making the stitching simple.

handmade fall garland

handmade fall garland

I then attached the leaves to some machine wrapped hemp cord which has a nice stiffness to it. (Look in the jewelry supplies section of craft shops for this).

handmade fall garland
blurry photo!!

Et Voila! My own Autumn Leaves Bunting!

fabric leaves

art quilting

Comments

  1. I love it, Deborah! Such beautiful colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the garland is just beautiful!!! love the prayer flag too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts