September Journal Quilt

Quilt Routes

As you can see there are quite a collection of my floral inspired journal quilts now, and I have kept to my self imposed challenge to only use fabrics I already have. No painting new pieces.
Quilt Routes

For this month I was inspired to try some all over free motion quilting. I am in awe of the workmanship  that you can see daily if you follow  the hashtag #freemotionquilting over on Instagram or Facebook. Admittedly a lot of these are done on longarm machines but there many quilters out there doing beautiful work on domestic machines.

Quilt Routes

My effort is best described more as machine embroidery that machine quilting but these small pieces are a great way to practise, practise, practise...

Until next time...


Quilt Routes


Comments

Popular Posts