I first showed you this piece back in October here. I also discussed how I made the stamps here.
It is long overdue but I have finally got around to finishing it. I am not going to lie to you, I was looking to finish quickly as I had long lost any inspiration regarding the piece, but as I mentioned before it is a piece I use to demonstrate stamping, and as some people seem to turn up at more than one group, I felt I needed to get it off the UFO list.
With that frame of mind I decided to print off some scanned images and put them onto fabric and just slap them on. I was doing a test print in paper first to check the alignment, when I decided to just skip printing it onto fabric and make some fabric paper instead. As you can see I stitched the images down with monofilament thread and I was done.
It won't be hanging in any art galleries or on a wall in my home for that matter, but for a sample it does just fine.
Stay tuned for info on fabric paper in case you don't know what I am talking about (and if you can't wait visit Leslies blog, she uses it a lot). Plus I also want to share with you the method I used for the edging on this piece.