Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Christmas Crafting


I have been making quilts for Christmas.


I have made about nine of them in a couple of days!


Okay, they only measure 2 x 3 inches.


I printed the design out from the computer (using my EQ7 programme) and got to work with some red paint.
After making each one into a mini quilt sandwich, I stitched with a variety of red, black or white thread. One was done by hand before turning to the machine to speed up the process.


It is interesting to see how many combinations I could come up with from the one basic design.
Have you made your own card this year?


8 comments:

  1. neat idea! fun with all the threads hanging off of one

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea for cards. I'm currently working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! I particulary love the one with all the threads hanging; what a great design feature!
    I finished making my quilted cards yesterday. Last year I glued them onto cardstock, but this year I'm back to just making simple small quilts and writing with a fabric marker on the back. It seems like I should make more and more little quilts for each year, but you have to draw the line somewhere, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rich colors in the reds. I always say I am going to make fabric cards and never get a chance, so this year I can try making a few at a time so i have them for next year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching sets off those tiny minis so well. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I made cards last year. This year I'm working on stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are quite striking, n I love the "stringy" edging too ... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

You Might Like