working wednesday

Quilt Routes

It has not been the best week weather wise, but this morning the sun was out and so it was time to play with paint!

Quilt Routes

I thought my palette was arbitrary but as I pondering the Columbine that has sprouted in the garden I think maybe I was being influenced. These self seeding flowers seem to bloom in different shades every year but they are part of my carefully planned self seeded garden each year and I love them for that ;)

Quilt Routes

Last week I was spending time with the Macclesfield branch of the Embroiderers Guild (sorry no photos. I was too busy yakking!)
After spending a night with my lovely mother in law who conveniently lives in the middle if the country, I did a little detour and visited Bilston Craft Gallery to see The Liberated Quilt exhibition from Through Our Hands .
If you can make it then I recommend it. All of the work was outstanding but it was especially thrilling for me to see pieces by the artists  Deidre Adams and Susan Lenz whose work I have admired on the internet for many years.

Quilt Routes

You might like this screenshot of an Etsy treasury that I put together the other evening. I noticed that I has been faving a lot of textile pieces that had houses, so I searched out a few more. If you are interested in looking a bit closer follow this link.

Hope you are having a creative week!
I am off to do some ironing.

Quilt Routes

Quilt Routes


Comments

Popular Posts