Thursday, 12 May 2016

Embroidered Hare Quilt

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

It began last year as a project to stitch in the evenings. A slow project.
It began as a rough sketch by me, which was turned into something more special by my illustrator daughter.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

I shared progress shots over on Instagram.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

I had drawn the design onto a piece of hand painted sky fabric and used Lana wool to do the stitching.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

The surrounding area was stitched in embroidery floss. ...which took a while to complete.
Once done I wasn't entirely sure what to do next so it languished for a while but finally last week I decided to mount it onto another quilt background.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

Seeing it from the side gives a better view I think.
Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

And here is it's full frontal!

Thanks for reading!

Quilt Routes


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece and love the hand work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is amazing and I am most impressed with your background stitching. It really enhances the hare. Must have taken forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

You Might Like