Striped Pieced Landscapes

striped pieced landscapes workshop

Last week I traveled Up North, and Down South to teach my Striped Pieced Landscape class.

striped pieced landscapes workshop

First I visited the North Cheshire Embroiderers and then it I went to the Shirley Quilters, Croydon, which for non U.K. readers is just outside London. 

striped pieced landscapes workshop

I love doing this class as it is always a pleasure to see what gets created. These two groups did not disappoint and as usual I have come away with more ideas than I went with.

striped pieced landscapes workshop

Having not taught this class to an embroidery group before I was interested to see what fabrics they would arrive with. Velvet, lace and cork made an appearance and I am now desperate to get my hand on some sari silk!
striped pieced landscapes workshop

The quilters weren't afraid to to try something different either, a few working with upholstery fabrics and felt.

striped pieced landscapes workshop

...and no I haven't repeated some photos. Those that look like repeats are same piece done in a different way. These ladies were prepared to play and experiment.
Not all of the pieces are completed here and I look forward to seeing the finished results1
A big Thank You to both groups for inviting me.

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. That would be a fun class to take, love the pieces they did and the different fabrics.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired all these ladies to produce some wonderful work. It must have been lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't finished mine from the workshop as yet but my husband has already said its one of the nicest pieces I have done- loves the colours & textures - the velvet worked ok. Keen to do another. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts