Sunday, 13 February 2011

Finish

This was supposed to be a quick project to get back into the swing of things.

free machine quilting

 It has taken rather longer than I had planned, guess it was all those filler stitches (note to self: not good for a quick project).


free machine quilting

I love the texture that lots of stitching gives a piece though, so I am glad I did it, and I now have a new cushion.


free machine quilting

I even put a zipper in using a tutorial from House on the Hill

pillow

When I started this piece, I chose the dark stitching to add contract to the pieces of fabric that were very similar in value.

quilting blog

3 comments:

  1. Hello Deborah... oh really beautiful is the finished project is... And you now tempted me fully that I should also try one... as I have many hand painted silk pieces so I can go for multi coloured cushion... very very lovely and its such a creative idea... a bit different from routined quilting... its creativity ...
    Happy Valentine’s Day … hope you spare a little bit of your valuable time for me …
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! Well worth the extra time to convert this from a "quick" project to an "amazing" one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pillow and fantastic creativity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

You Might Like