Paint Effects Tutorial -Scrunched

Couldn't really think of another word to describe this method. 'Scrunched' seems as good as any.

fabric painting tutorial

Choose 3 or more colours* watered down, a sealable plastic bag and a pippette, (or spoon if you can't get your hands on a pipette).

fabric painting tutorial

Dampen the fabric with a spray and scrunch it into the bag. Start adding drops of colour on top of the fabric until you are happy.

fabric painting tutorial

Seal the bag and squeeze a little if you want the colours to blend more, or leave well alone if you don't. Leave preferably on a sunny window sill until the water droplets in the bag have become clear. You can then remove the fabric from the back for faster drying.
As with any of these techniques the results will depend on amount of paint to water and on how wet your fabric was to begin with.

fabric painting tutorial

I have to be honest with you here, this technique can be a bit hit and miss.  Sometimes it comes out wonderful other times not so much. However, if you are not happy there is no reason why can't stick it back in the bag and splosh on some more paint, as I did with this one.
And, in true Blue Peter style, here are some I made earlier.

fabric painting tutorial

*I used Pebeo Setacolor Transparent/Light textile paint.

If you are interested in learning more about fabric painting 

you can buy my book here.


Or sign up to join my membership.

FABRIC : PAINT : STITCH

DETAILS HERE




fabric painting blog

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I usually just make a scrunched up pile of fabric and it is so messy! I will be doing it this way next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting these tutorials... I'm thinking that maybe I can even do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great creativity, very lovely, may be as you say sometime result will not be as pleasentas you wished, but offcourse try some more colours or sme quantity of same colour, and you have the honour that its a unique piece... its really cool, I worked with silk paints and now I have a project in my mind with this technique, thanks a lot fo sharing, I am jack of all master of none, if you would like to pay a visit to me, it makes me happy, I am at

    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts