Bye Bye Birdie

handmade stuffed bird

These little birdies are off to a new home tomorrow. They look a bit sad don't they?

handmade stuffed bird

Not to worry. I know they are going to good homes where they will be well looked after.

handmade stuffed bird

They came into being after I got myself a copy of this delightful book. It is full of wonderful bird designs and inspired me to make these.

handmade stuffed bird

I winged it with the pattern; no pun intended, and so they are not the most elegant of birds but I love the way the hand painted fabrics show themselves off in these creations and I think I will be attempting some more stuffed animals soon.


This fella below is staying home with me. He was the prototype and a few mishaps occurred, one being that I stitched the wrong sides together (AGAIN!) but after the others were finished I thought "What if"  and produced this version.

handmade stuffed bird

 Can you spot the other error?

handmade stuffed bird

I forgot to reverse the wing shape while cutting out and so his wings are blue from one side and pink from the other.

handmade stuffed bird

I like these mishaps so much that I think I will see them as a design opportunity!

art quilt blog

Comments

  1. I agree they look sad, but that makes them ever so much more interesting and personal. I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts