It maybe March but..

Quilt ROUTES

Last week I spent some time answering questions for an interview feature about my NEW BOOK!!  (just in case you missed it 😊).
One of the questions asked was about what is coming next. My truthful answer is that I am looking forward to time at home with my sewing machine, doing some important stuff, but also having some fun. 

Quilt Routes

With that in mind I have joined the Contemporary Quilt Groups Journal Quilt Challenge again. Not having done it last year it seems a good way to get into a routine of playing and experimentation. 

Quilt Routes

First time doing this was 2014 and I thoroughly enjoyed doing these, printing with a gelli plate.. You can see them all here.



In 2015 I used up fabric from my stash to do some landscape triptychs. Confession time, I thought I was being clever doing one piece that I split into three but I was only cheating myself because I was just covering old ground and as a result the process was not as satisfying as the year before. They can be seen here. 


The pieces that I did in 2016 are not yet complete. The quilts are done but I do need to finish the edges, perhaps put them together as one bigger piece. 
I didn't even finish blogging them but they can be seen in my Flickr photo gallery.(See icon in side bar.)

Quilt Routes

This year the format is 7 x 9 inches with your own set theme.
Florals is the theme I have chosen. It is just as much about the design of the motifs as it is about the technique used. So here is Jan's offering and I can say that Feb and March are already done so look out for those.
Until next time...

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. Love the tulips! My all-time favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspirational! It's bleak here today in the Lake District, so I'll just look & look at your work nd not out of the window!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts