> -->

Friday, 15 February 2013

I surprised myself...



...by managing to turn these, began earlier in the week, into decorative cushions.
After free motion stitching in a spiral from the centre, I felt it needed a bit more so I added some flowers to each block.
 

The stitching can be seen better from the back.


 The finished cushion has added tassels and painted flowers.


I practiced stitching in circles on this one.


The process for painting these began here.


Linking up with Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday!


18 comments:

Kelly said...

These are beautiful!! I really like the quilting on them.

Sandra Kaye said...

They turned out great!!! I really like the flower one..and the way you highlighted the flowers !!! Awesome!! Hugs

liniecat said...

Wonderful .......the flowers really do bring it to life.

Wil said...

Very pretty!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Beautiful!

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love how these turned out!!!

Lynda said...

These are beautiful!

WoolenSails said...

I really love how those turned out, beautiful designs and beautiful pillows.

Debbie

bohemiannie! art said...

Oh my goodness - these are both so beautiful! I think the flowers add the perfect touch to the first one. The fabric on the second is fab.

nerospost said...

Hi Deborah! Your new pillows are fantastic, beautiful and exiting! x Teje

Judy Ferguson said...

The pillows are great, but I kept thinking what a wonderful purse these would make also. Beautiful.

Gill said...

Fabulous Deborah!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Popped over from Nina Marie's blog to see your really cool pillows with cool stitching. I especially like the colors.
best, nadia

Carol A. Babineau said...

Really beautiful work!

quilthexle said...

Oh wow - this is beautiful !!

Marit said...

Great process. These look wonderful! I am also doing some painting, stamping and quilting. Fun, isn't it?

Lisa said...

Deborah these are fabulous!!!

Radka said...

I love the cushions in both posts!