Leave Well Alone...


..is not a phrase I can get my head around very easily.
What you see here is a piece that I have never been happy with. I have blogged about it here and here.
While I am happy with the other fences, this one wasn't right.
First the green and the binding had to go. This was done by covering in scrim. Still not happy :(


So working on my theory that everything gets better if you throw lots of stitching at it, that is what I have done. I have also cropped some off the top.



And because I really do believe that everything looks better if you put a bird on it...





















Now....LEAVE WELL ALONE!!




P.S. As you may observe I am also having issues with the whole watermark thing!
Would love to hear your thoughts on it plus any tips on how to speed up the process.

Comments

  1. Love seeing the process of building up the picture from original conception to finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite improvement! Looks great now and the crop helped too. Sorry I don't know anything about adding watermarks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure which program you use to add your watermarks. I use Photoshop Elements to edit photos for my blog. I have created a jpg document with my watermark text and simply copy that to each photo I share online. It saves me from typing it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful....love seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - little bird is always important! I don't use water mark because I think it takes too much time - but it would be great. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this piece and how you built the scenery with stitches, really beautiful work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, birds do seem to be becoming your trademark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ace restyling lol and yes, always room for a fly past!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love the changes you made. Thread is a wondrous thing...is it not? And laying it down is so zen...and it shows here.

    And watermarks...the only way I've been able to figure out how to do one is to use an online site to add it and then save and then like you say...it's a pain and slow. So, if you find out...please let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts