Let's talk Tulips

applique tulips

This is a panel that I did some years ago to demonstrate one of the many applique techniques out there.

applique tulips

Did you used to put blanket stitch around everything? It used to be very popular.

applique tulips

This was made at a time when I didn't have the time or inclination to do hand stitching (how times and tastes have changed) and was done with an automatic machine blanket stitch.
You might be thinking that these are not my usual colours but I do quite like this vintage country charm, as demonstrated by this quilt that I made back in 2011.

country charm quilt

Back to tulips. I like tulips. I like them a lot and I will be sharing more so stay tuned!

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. I really like how you did the tulips, is that lace or did you machine lace it? I also like your country quilt, sometimes I like simple ones that I use a lot.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are my all-time favorite flower! I've been checking on mine every day lately because they were nothing but leaves. Then the buds started and I was so happy! . . . then the bunnies came and had lunch . . . and now I'm so sad :(
    I have a few left. Hopefully the bunnies are full.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts