Landscape Backgrounds continued

landscape quilting

I have been meaning to post about the stitching that I added to the backgrounds for days. Every time I sat down to do it I realized that there was one I had not taken a photo of. I would then get distracted by something else. Finally got my scatty brain into action!

landscape quilting

The pictures speak for themselves. Lots of easy straight line stitching. The colour and the choice of thread do the work.

landscape quilting

landscape quilting


landscape quilting


landscape quilting

I did change the stitch size on this one. Making it bigger as I moved towards the foreground, to try and portray some depth. Not sure if it works or not.
Next time, the focus of each piece.
What would you put on these backgrounds?

landscape quilting

Comments

  1. My favourites are the bottom two - I don't know what I'd put on them I'd have to look at them for awhile(although the second to bottom one is singing a song about a red barn and farm animals - maybe a duck pond). :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty. I really like the 5th one down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you when we were at the lighthouse beach. The beach is rocky and the whole area was full of stacked stones.

    I love how you make the stitching part of the background, really flows nicely and love the last piece, simple but effective.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore number 5, will you be selling that one? Id be interested!!
    Think id probably only put an odd seagull or two, the meerst suggestion of a bird you know?
    But I like kits idea of a small US red barn on that last one.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the ideas of what to add are limitless and I love them all, but most particulalry the last one and the rolling fields-looking one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all, but number five is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like them all plain... they evoke some thoughtful processing and moods for me. But I love the blue and yellow, but the solid blue... yum. Quiet, moody blues, an d you've blended the others tones spectacularly. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i look at your pieces and i'm a bit 'omg, how wonderful' about them - truly, i know they're simple blocks of colour but they make me sigh with possibilities....i love what you do

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stitching on this piece. Thanks for the comment on my blog too!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts